NKF – website redesign
How might we best reflect the image of a leading law firm and communicate to their main stakeholders online.
NKF is a leading law firm in Switzerland that aims at attracting the most gifted talents and the highest profile clients. To maintain their position they commissioned Hinderling Volkart to redesign their web presence. As a starting point we took their brief apart and proposed an in-depth analysis of their current situation and user research to obtain knowledge of their stakeholder's needs.
- Project setup and process pitch
- UX research lead – setting up tools, methods, scope and conducting research
- 36 in-house and out of house interviews with users (clients and candidates), employees and other stakehodlers
- 1 experience mapping at university career event
- Quantitative employee survey
- Participation in employer branding workshop with 3rd party
- Multiple client workshop and exchange
- Secondary research
- Research consolidation and synthesis
- UX and content strategy
- Creation of multiple personas
- Definition of main strategic fields
- Definition of requirements
- Research project win
challenges & learnings
- Justifying a process and getting the client on board was a challenge. Involving the client at an early stage proved to be beneficial.
- The transfer from UX research to UX design was a challenge and the hand-over could have been improved. It is essential to communicate learning from research and make them available to anyone in the team.
- Presenting critical research findings may be risky. Confronting the client with provocative research thesis turned out to be really valuable. It is important to back up a thesis with research and provide potential solutions, though.
Client: Niederer Kraft & Frey lawyers
Agency: Hinderling Volkart
Year: 2017 - on-going